Starboard Surf Deluxe, Inflatable Surf Sup,
Double Chamber 9.5"x 32"
Available with or without Starboard Tufskin Paddle.
Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology. The welding technology carries over in as a proven technology.
- 3D Rail Edge for improved grip on waves
- Updated board graphics
- Updated bag graphics
Deluxe Double Chamber (DDC) – safer, lighter, stiffer
The Starboard Deluxe Double Chamber construction brings the inflatable paddle boards one step closer to a hard board feeling. The Double Chamber stiffens the board significantly, thanks to the double side walls around the inner chamber. This chamber also offers extra safety flotation for emergencies.
Double I-Beam Stringer – Ultra Stiff
The innovative secondary chamber doubles the sidewalls and acts like a rollable I-beam. Starting just behind the standing area and continuing forward, the chamber is placed in the most critical area for flex and reduces deflection by 20-40%. The feeling of paddling with the stiff double I-beam stringer is very similar to a hard board, providing an authentic paddling experience.
Extra Floatation – Safety First
The secondary chamber offers up to 42 liters of safety floatation, with 14 liters even in the smallest boards, that require only 15PSI. Starboard pioneered Double Chamber technology in the 2013 Ocean Rescue inflatable paddle board. It is now revised, improved and gives the paddlers peace of mind while paddling.
Fusion Woven Drop Stitch
In development for 5 years, Starboard’s new Woven Drop Stitch technology process starts with a glue free PVC lamination on the top and bottom of the board. Inside the board they have their new weave on the top and base. This weave provides a structure for the polyester yarns – which gives the board its shape. The weave has less give than the traditional knitting method. Knitted fibres have soft and stretchy properties, whereas this new weaving is superior in stiffness, reflex and rigidity. Think dress shirt vs a polo shirt.
But it’s not just about adding on – they’ve also taken away, cutting weight by 3.3 lbs on average. The yarn threads are reduced per square inch for better reflex. Less plastic and a lighter paddle board. Less weight, faster acceleration, easier to carry. With Starboard’s new Woven Technology their paddle boards are not only lighter, but stronger and stiffer. Better in every way.
Strong and light. Feel it!
- Woven fabrics reduce stretch, hold more tension and create a stiffer board.
- The woven fabrics use less material than conventional drop stitch, creating a lighter board.
- Fusion lamination of top and bottom layers is done in a glueless process, increasing stiffness and creating a solid board, while reducing weight.
- What does it mean for you? A stiffer and lighter, durable board, with a reflex sensation you can feel.
- Galvanized 2000 D rails increase the strength of the board, together with the 3K compression bands.
- Surf model specific galvanized 2000 D top and bottom deck stringer strips for further increased stiffness and controlled rocker.
Heat welded rail – Bonded for life
- Welding technology turns 2 pieces of material into a single solid unit, resulting in an extra-strong mechanical bond.
- A mechanical bond is stronger, lasts longer and is better for the environment.
- Welding creates a complete airtight seam without the risk of glue weakening over time.