The 2023 Starboard Inflatable 8’7″ x 32″ Wedge Deluxe DC stand up paddle board for surfing, is modeled after the composite Starboard 8’7″ Wedge board. The board’s shorter length makes it more maneuverable while its width ensures stability. The board’s construction uses the Deluxe Double Chamber (DDC) woven fusion and welded technology, which enhances stiffness and hard board feel. Its performance is further elevated by the 4″ thickness, parabolic rail reinforcement, and FCS composite side fin system. The 8’7″ Wedge shape, which is a popular wave board in Starboard’s hard board line up, is now available as an inflatable surfing paddle board.
This paddle board is perfect for surfing, and it’s like surfing on air. Starboard has taken the excitement up a notch by introducing these inflatable surf paddle boards.
Includes 2 YEAR warranty
Starboard Wedge Inflatable Surf Sup
The Wedge Inflatable features Starboard’s 3D Rail Edge technology, a proprietary 3D elastomer compound that follows the contours of the board on the rear 1/3rd and creates a release edge that allows the boards to fully carve waves better. Thanks to this 3D Rail Edge, you can grip, carve and accelerate through turns better.
Surf Style Thruster Fin Set Up
- Fins are positioned close to the rail for the quickest response and control when turning.
- Thruster set up includes 1 center fin and 2 side fins. Thruster is more predictable and controlled in manoeuvres.
Curved Rocker Line
- Large nose rocker limits the nose diving and catching during turns on waves.
- Tail kick helps to lift the nose during turns and change direction with ease.
- The rocker is based on the Starboard composite SUP surf boards.
The Surf Shape
- The overall 8’7″ x 32″ Wedge shape is inspired by the popular Starboard 8’7″ Wedge composite model.
- Built in a 4″ DDC thickness to provide better control and manoeuvrability in surf.
Diamond Grooved EVA Deck Pad
- Diamond grooved deck pad provides a comfortable grip and control.
- Tail kick pad with raised kicker to push through turns.
- Deluxe Double Chamber technology: Safety first, ultra stiff
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 3K Carbon Rail bands for extra stiffness and strength
- 4″ Woven Drop Stitch – reduced stretch, higher tension yarn for stiffer board
- Parabolic rail reinforcement – for a stiffer and more responsive board
- Excellent grip and tracking from the thruster fin arrangement
- 3D Rail Edge for improved water release off the tail
- Recycled EVA deck pad has a 3mm crocodile skin diamond groove in the standing area. 4mm diamond groove crocodile recycled EVA deck pad on the tail
- Streamlined center carry handle
- Length: 8’7″
- Width: 32″
- Tail width: 18.3″
- Thickness: 4″
- Volume: 167 liters
- Weight: 19 lbs board only
- Max payload: 210 lbs/95 kg
- Fins: 6.75″ Net Positive, 2x 4.5″ Balsa Core
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover SUP board bag, fins, Starboard Tiki Pump and a small repair kit.
View the Starboard Inflatable Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Maintenance Guide.