Starboard Hyper Nut - Limited Series - 2022
The Hyper Nut Surf model offers stability from a larger board and the performance of a smaller board. This surf paddle board is a newfound love in every SUP surfer’s quiver, it offers excitement to the most mediocre conditions. The short outline, thin rail and tail shape transform the performance.
PATENTED SHAPE TECHNOLOGY
The all-new Hyper Nut design is the 3rd evolution of this favorite compact shape that is proven to offer a skatey and reactive ride like no other.
The 2022 range delivers a condensed range with subtle refinements that give you a smoother ride. The deeper tail shape combined with new fin angles give you more grip and bite through turns, while the narrower rounded nose is less likely to catch through turns.
NEW NARROWER ROUNDED NOSE
Limits you catching the nose through turns and is easier to paddle out through white water.
WIDE AND SHORT NOSE OUTLINE
• Increases stability and speed on the wave as you can engage the entire rail length.
• Easier to pivot turn & fit into smaller sections of the waves.
• Extra stability and pop when paddling out over whitewater.
THE INVERTED NUT RAILS
Provide insane acceleration and a pivot point for tight turning.
EXTENDS THE WATERLINE
• Providing speed that is comparable to a longer board.
• A curved outline has less rail engaged at one time.
NEW DEEPER SWALLOW TAIL
Gives you more bite through the turns.
NEW SLIGHT HIP TAIL
Act as a pivot point to drive through turns.
THIN RAILS TOWARDS THE TAIL
• Easier to engage the rail on the wave with less foot pressure.
• As the Hyper Nut has such a wide tail it is essential for rail thickness to be responsive in turns.
FLAT STANDING AREA
Adds stability and makes for easy rail-to-rail transitions.
Produces speed, helps get into waves easily and adds stability.
CHANNEL BOTTOM SHAPE
• Pro rocker down the center of the board for tight pocket turning.
• Creates a flat spot in front of the fins for extra acceleration.
NEW FIN ANGLES
The front fins have more angle helping you to engage earlier and have more grip on the wave, while the rear fins are straighter giving you more drive and speed
FIN SET UP
• 3.7 rear side fins make it much easier to slide the tail for more radical turns with less effort.
• Quad fin set up uses 4 side fins and gives fast acceleration and instant down the line speed as it does not have a drag from a centre fin.
NEW SELF-VENTILATING VALVE
A self-ventilating air valve is available on the board. This valve is self-ventilating so, it should not be touched or removed – otherwise, you are at risk of damaging the valve system.
NEW 8’0″ x 31.5″ / 135 L
Length: 8’0” / 244 cm.
Width: 31.5” / 80 cm.
Although the longest, the 8’0” is very responsive, fast down the line and easy to rotate through turns. The narrower nose draws a smooth line through turns, while the deeper swallow tail responds with less pressure to initiate turns.
• Blue Carbon
• Limited Series
NEW 7’4″ x 30″ / 116 L
Length: 7’4” / 224 cm.
Width: 30” / 76 cm.
The 7’4” is ideal if you weigh up to 95kg and are looking for a little more stability than the 7’2” but shorter length than the 8’0”. The 7’4” was a favorite in the testing.
• Blue Carbon
• Limited Series
NEW 7’2″ x 28″ / 114 L
Length: 7’2” / 218 cm.
Width: 28” / 71 cm.
If you weigh up to 85kg and you want the shortest board that is easiest to whip around, the 7’2” is the board to go for. The compact size has a parallel outline to help you generate fast down the line speed to set up for slashy quick turns.
Starboard Hyper Nut, Limited Series
Model 8'0" x 31.5" 7'4" x 30" 7'2" x 28" Rider Weight Up to 110 kg Up to 90 kg Up to 80 kg Length 8'0" / 243.8 cm 7'4" / 223.5 cm 7'2" / 218.4 cm Width 31.5" / 80 cm 30" / 76.2 cm 28" / 71.1 cm Thickness 4.2" / 10.8 cm 3.8" / 9.8 cm 4.2" / 10.7 cm Tail Width 21.5" / 54.7 cm 21.0" / 53.4 cm 19.8" / 53.0 cm Volume 135 L 116 L 114 L Fin Set Up Quad Quad Quad Fins 5.5" / 3.7" 4.7" / 3.7" 4.7" / 3.7"